Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Our past is not our potential."

Over the past few months my relationship with God has grown tremendously. I am ashamed to say that during 9th grade and while I first started struggling with SI I considered myself an atheist. I wanted nothing to do with God or any religion for that matter. But in April, I went to see Craig Scott, a speaker for Rachel's Challenge, present at RCTC. I don't know how but the things he said that day changed my life drastically. The thing that hit me the most and when I started to break down, was when he asked everyone to close their eyes. Then he said "Raise your hand if you need to forgive someone for things they have done to you." I rose my hand. Then Craig said " Raise you hand if you need to ask forgiveness for things you have done to someone else." I again rose my hand. Then this next statement is what got to me the most. "Raise your hand if you need to forgive YOURSELF for things others have done to you or things you have done to others." My hand slowly went up. That day Craig also talked about how God has a plan for all of us, and that God loves you and does things for a reason. I don't really know what I'm trying to say here but I know that the things Craig Scott said that day changed my belief in God.

I know that my closest friends have been going through a really tough time lately. They are the strongest people I have ever known and they deserve happiness more than anyone can imagine. I wish I knew a way to help them. They have helped me so much even when they were hurting more than I was, and I wish I could do that for them. I promise that someday, in someway, I will repay them.

My friends don't know this but I pray for them every night. I'm worried about them and I ask God to guide them and bring them happiness, and I thank God for blessing me with such amazingly caring and loving friends.

i love you guys so much.

XOXO with hope,
Hannah

"It is by chance we met, by choice we became friends."

"There are people who take the heart out of you, and there are the people who put it back in."

"See you and me have a better time than most can dream of, better than the best, so we can pull through, whatever tears at us, whatever holds us down, and if nothing can be done, we'll make the best of what's around."

No comments:

Post a Comment